While training at New Horizons I have spent my share of time out of town sitting in hotel rooms. One of the things I used to do for my out of town students is to provide a list of places they may find interesting to visit while they are in town. I keep this list running because I still think it’s a great resource for those who may be visiting Grand Rapids.
1. Gerald R. Ford Museum and Presidential Grave site ( a MUST see if you are in GR. Seriously, how often do you get to see a Presidential grave site?)
2. Celebration Studio IMAX theatre
3. Frederick Meijer Gardens
4. Grand Raids Art Museum
5. Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
6. Craig’s Cruisers (especially if your kids are with you)
7. Rivertown Mall
8. Artprize (Nationally recognized. Art from artists from around the world. Event goes from mid-September to October)
9. Grand Haven Musical Fountain
Living in Grand Rapids I can’t say enough how how cool MY city is. I love MY city.
Check out these very cool videos made for Grand Rapids:
Giant 500 foot water slide: http://www.youtube.com/user/sefllc#p/u/4/y-Mf0kG7-to
Grand Rapids was named by Newsweek as a Dying City.
See our response here with the Grand Rapids Lipdub. and the trailer here.